Days until my wedding: 93
When I started this blog a month ago, I said that I hoped to lose 30 pounds by the time I get married in January. I think I was selling myself short. As of today I have now lost 20 pounds and I am loving it. I feel better than I have in years, and I know I am in a lot better shape.
I've worked pretty hard, and it's all thanks to my trainer at WRS Athletic Club, Gretchen Chiles. Frankly, I don't think she's all that surprised that I've lost 20 pounds. In fact, she told me that now is when the real work begins.
My workouts with Gretchen are getting tougher already. She told me this week it's time to "step it up a notch". I am not sure what that means, but I'll keep you informed. I'm spending a lot more time doing cardio .. and that's a good thing. It means I'm actually getting back into shape.
As for my diet, it's still a work in progress. I'd say that 80% of the time I eat what I'm supposed to. The other 20% is .. well .. not so good! I need to eliminate the bad meals as much as possible. Also, Gretchen tells me that I need to start eating for training .. not just to lose weight. What she means by that is I need to eat stuff that will give me the energy and nutrients I need to really push myself with my workouts. Eating something just because it's low in calories just isn't good enough.
That's all for now .. hopefully I'll have another positive report this time next week!