Greetings from Kansas City! Here are some random, and hopefully interesting, thoughts from my experiences in Kansas city so far:
* Tom Interliggi and I hit up the famous Gates BBQ last night. It was good ... not great. I'm not ready to say that KC BBQ is better than Texas BBQ just yet. I think I need to try a few more places on this trip just to make sure though!!
* In case you missed Tuesday's 5p newscast, my Mom made her picks for the Big 12 Championship. She picked the Lady Bears to win on the women's side, and Oklahoma State to win on the men's side. I've had several people tell me they enjoyed the segment. I know I sure did.
* I love the women's venue in Kansas City, Municipal Auditorium. It's not as new, pretty, or fancy as the Sprint Center, but it certainly has more character. When "Muni" opened in 1935, Architectural Record called it "one of the 10 best buildings of the world that year". It still looks great today.
* The Baylor men were very loose at practice today. Is that a good thing? I say yes. The Bears are playing well right now, and if they want to have some fun at practice, I say go for it. They've earned that right.
* Brittney Griner wasn't at the Lady Bear practice today. Kim Mulkey didn't say why, but I think that's a smart idea. Griner will get enough attention whenever she returns to the floor. There's no need to put her in the limelight right now.
That's all for now, but don't forget to check in on 254sports.com tomorrow night. I'll be "live blogging" for both the Baylor men's and women's games.