I can't believe the college football regular season is already over! It seems like yesterday we were anticipating the start of Alabama's title defense, wondering if Boise State would end up playing in the title game, and having no clue a one time Florida quarterback, now Auburn quarterback, would hoist the Heisman trophy at the end of the year (I bet the folks at Blinn College had an idea!).
That's the beauty of college football, watching the regular season play out. And when I take a look back at my preseason Top 10 rankings at the start, I wonder, what was I thinking!?
Check out this embarrassment of preseason prognostication:
1. Alabama - solid choice to begin with, but it didn't pan out.
2. Ohio State - again solid choice, but they too didn't end up in the title game.
3. Oklahoma - not bad, they did win the Big 12 championship.
4. Texas - very wrong on this!!!!!
5. Iowa - poor ending to the season, and a wrong top 5 choice for me.
6. TCU - they should have been in my top 5 to begin the year.
7. Nebraska - lost the Big 12 title game, and began to struggle once Taylor Martinez got banged up.
8. Florida - overrated from the start, and what a mess of an offense!
9. Miami (FL) - The U is not back, and I can't believe I bought into the hype.
10. Boise State - The only preseason ranking I got right.
And now my rankings heading into the bowl season look nothing like that hot mess of a rankings I began with.