Click To Visit Website!
KBTX TV in Bryan, TX has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Assistant Chief Engineer. This position involves maintaining broadcast equipment and systems at the main studio, and transmitter site. The successful candidate will work closely with other engineering and operations staff. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
• Repair defective electronic equipment, sometimes troubleshooting to the component level
• Maintain computer Based A/V Broadcast Automation Systems
• Calibrate broadcast equipment to manufacturers specifications
• Assist with remote multi-camera productions including hookup and troubleshooting.
• Maintain office, broadcast and VOIP networks
• Maintain ENG systems.
• Maintain transmission and microwave systems
• Provide support for news editing systems and cameras
• Install and set up new broadcast equipment
• Keep proper records and system documentation
• Install, document, and remove system cabling according to engineering standards
• Respond to emergency calls 24/7 as needed
• Other duties as assigned by Chief Engineer
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
• A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
• Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Associate’s degree (AA) in electronics preferred
• Minimum of three years broadcast experience is preferred
• Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
• Knowledge of basic Building Maintenance is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with NLE systems is a plus
• ATSC transmitter, microwave, and encoding/decoding skills are also desired.
• Must be able to lift 50 Pounds without assistance
Employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug screen and driving record check. Accepting applications until position is filled. To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter electronically to Gerald Keller, Chief Engineer at email@example.com
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
KBTX MEDIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All of KBTX Media employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process, which includes a pre-employment drug test and DMV check.