CO2 alarm forces evacuation of area McDonald's restaurant

By  | 

WACO, Texas (KWTX) Customers were forced to evacuate a McDonald's in Waco after the restaurant's CO2 alarm suddenly went off.

The evacuation happened just before 4:00 p.m. at 913 Hewitt Drive.

Officials say a CO2 leak in the restaurant's drink machine is was set off the alarm.

Technicians with NuCO2, a company that manages soft drink dispensers, were sent to repair the machine with the help of Waco firefighters on scene.

A firefighter told News 10 no one was ever in danger and customers were allowed back inside quickly.