WACO, Texas (KWTX) A three-story home is gutted after a three-alarm fire erupted inside late Wednesday evening.
The fire happened at a large home at Mount Lookout Drive in Waco, on the edge of Cameron Park around 6:30 p.m.
On Thursday, Waco Fire Marshal Kevin Vranich said the cause was accidental.
"It was unintentional, but we're still working on the exact cause," he said.
Engine 7's fire crew was first on scene after being sent to 516 Edgewood Avenue, then realizing the smoke was elsewhere.
Once there, the crew began to size up the home, and called for backup once they determined more crews were needed.
Burglar bars hindered the first crew from initially fighting the flames, so they began spraying water through a window at visible flames.
A large beehive hanging from the side of the home also hindered efforts initially.
More than a dozen units and 42 firefighters responded from several nearby fire stations.
Crews were on scene until just after 3:00 a.m. Thursday putting out hot spots and watching for smoldering areas.
Three injuries were reported, and one firefighter was taken to Providence Health Center for evaluation after saying he felt he wasn't recovering like he should be.
Vranich said the firefighter's injuries were minor and they were treated and released.
Crews initially tried to put out the fire from the inside, but due to parts of the roof collapsing they were pulled out.
The homeowner was not home at the time of the fire.
The home reportedly belonged to Brett Bolte of Waco, and firefighters say the home will likely have to be demolished.
Structural damage was reported at $584, 250, and the contents were reported at $400,000.
Waco police, Atmos, and Oncor were also on scene during the fire.
Mount Lookout Drive was blocked off by police, as well as parts of North University Parks Drive near the fire.
The roads opened up early Thursday morning.
(Rissa Shaw contributed to this story)