Popcorn machine fire temporarily closes local theater

(Photo by Marco Revuelta)
By  | 

KILLEEN, Texas (KWTX) A fire that broke out in a popcorn machine temporarily closed a Killeen movie theater Thursday evening.

Multiple Killeen Fire Department units responded to the Regal Killeen Stadium 14 theater at 2501 East Central Texas Expressway.

An officer at the scene said the malfunctioning popcorn maker filled the theater with smoke.

Moviegoers were evacuated.

One said the theater smelled like burned popcorn.

The theater was closed for the night.