(KWTX) We begin in Belton where Kevin's Family Restaurant was serving up comfort food.
A viewer complained to the health department about a roach infestation and when the inspector showed up, it was obvious there was a problem.
The bugs were in the dining room, kitchen and wait stations, in the ceiling and walls.
It was described as a breeding ground for insects.
The conditions were so bad they were mandated to call in a professional pest control.
A follow-up was scheduled for May 12, but the owner opted to shut his doors for good.
Yank Sing in Killeen is a repeat offender this week with a score of 90.
Several trays of raw meats, cooked food and produce not covered and stacked on top of each other in the cooler.
Employees quickly cleaned the ice machine after the inspector noticed a significant amount of mold build up.
The will have a follow-up and we will let you know how they did.
Newk's Cafe in Waco makes an 89.
The inspector noticed waste water was leaking from the hand sink, and several chipped, burned or cracked utensils that needed to be thrown away.
He also noted all employees need to wear beard nets and they had too many wash cloths lying around.
This week's clean plate award goes to In-N-Out Burger Killeen.
The California franchise keeps things simple the majority of the time, but if you feel a little wild, try an animal-style burger.