Temple: Fireplace ashes damages duplex

By  | 

TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) A fire is reported at a northwest Temple duplex Tuesday morning.

The call was dispatched at 10:42 a.m. where firefighters arrived in the 2500 Block of Valley Forge Avenue.

There they found a carport burning, with flames spreading to the door of the house.

The blaze was extinguished immediately.

The investigation determined the fire was unintentional and started from improper disposal of fireplace ashes.

The residents were not displaced.

The cost of the damages is estimated at $1,000.