WACO, Texas (KWTX) Police from two local departments are investigating at least three cases in which a thief has followed customers from local banks and then stolen money left in cars.
Two of the break-ins occurred in Waco, police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said Wednesday.
A third, which another local department is investigating, involved a school employee who went to the bank on her lunch hour, Swanton said.
A man in a black vehicle followed her and then broke into her car and took her money after she parked the vehicle, he said.
“All cases are happening about noontime and involved the same description of the suspect following the victims from a bank,” Swanton said.
Swanton said residents who think someone may be following them should drive to a safe place and call 911.
(Source: Waco Police Dept.)
When banking, be alert for:
* Occupied vehicles backed into parking spaces with clear view of bank, ATM or drive thru line.
* Vehicles arriving at bank with no occupants entering the bank
* Vehicles with dark tinted windows with little or limited visibility of occupants
* Vehicles changing parking spaces
* Vehicles with multiple occupants
* ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings
* Conceal money BEFORE leaving bank. Don't openly carry bank bags, envelopes or coin boxes
* Don't leave or try to hide your bank bag or envelope in your vehicle when you exit at your next destination, even if it's your residence.