NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Police say a New Jersey man found his wife and a car mechanic dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Kahali Johnson told WABC-TV he found the bodies about 9 p.m. Tuesday in a garage at an apartment complex in Newark.
Johnson says he smelled a strong odor of gas, and he traced the source to a running vehicle in the garage.
It was there where police say he found his wife, Tameka Hargrave, 39, and the male mechanic.
Police say their deaths are under investigation, but appears to have been accidental.
The mechanic's name has not been released.
Anonymous police sources told media outlets the woman evidently agreed to have sex with the mechanic in exchange for work done on the car.