KWTX, the award-winning CBS affiliate in Waco, TX is looking for an aggressive multi-media journalist who is passionate about covering local news for our Bell County Bureau serving the communities of Killeen, Temple and Belton.
We are looking for an experienced MMJ who is a self-starter to cover breaking news and weather, do creative live shots, and fight to be the lead every day.
This is not an entry level position. We are looking for someone with at least one year of professional experience at a commercial television station as a reporter or MMJ.
Previous bureau experience is desired. Candidate must be able to work independently, tell great stories about real people and enterprise content on a daily basis.
Apply online at www.gray.tv/careers
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Independently research, gather, shoot, write, edit and report news stories for on-air and online
* Report "live" on the scene, especially during breaking news
* Research stories and conduct interviews in the field
* Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
* Demonstrate sound news judgment
* Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment (Edius)
* Enterprise hard-news, research-driven stories under tight deadlines
* Participate in story selection process through meetings, daily contribution of story ideas
* Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web and social media
* Make regular beat checks
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision
* Ability to write in a clear, concise, conversational manner
* Excellent interview and conversational writing skills
* Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
* Basic computer knowledge, including newsroom software (such as ENPS & Edius)
* Ability to carry, shoot and edit video with digital cameras
* Able to produce and post content to our websites and digital sites
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Strong initiative and attention to detail
* Demonstrate solid news judgment and journalistic ethics
* Maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
* Must stay current with national and local news/weather, know what is going on in the community
* Outdoor work in all weather conditions is to be expected in this position
* Some nights, weekends and holidays will be required. Schedule changes should be expected
* Occasional travel is required
* Must hold a valid driver's license, be insurable and pass a mandatory drug screening