KWTX News 10, The Breaking News & Weather Authority, Waco, TX seeks a News Producer for its number one news products. We seek a creative producer who will focus his or her efforts on using our vast resources to infuse the newscast with what's "new, now & next."
Successful candidates must have a passion for digging up and developing new stories for our audience and getting those stories to our viewers on-air and on our digital platforms in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Selecting and placing stories within various newscasts
• Finding creative ways to showcase content
• Writing promotional copy that is engaging
• Writing stories for various newscasts
• Placing and promoting stories on our various digital assets
• Communicating with talent, reporters and production crews to keep newscasts on target and on time
• Making quick decisions within newscasts to add breaking news and weather
• Working with other national and regional media sources to gather information and stories for our newscasts
• Willingness to wear multiple hats and multitask
• Carrying out additional duties as they arise
• Broadcast Journalism experience
• College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
• Must possess exceptional writing ability
• Leadership skills
• Exceptional news judgment
• Professional knowledge of news operations
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Click HERE to apply.
KWTX-TV, an operating company of Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer.
All of KWTX employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process, which includes a pre-employment drug test and DMV check.
Gray Television participates in E-Verify.