Standoff Continues After Clinton Workers Taken Hostage

(November 30, 207)—(November 30, 2007)--A man claiming to have a bomb walked into a Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign office Friday and took at least two hostages according to police and witnesses.

He released a woman with an infant immediately and two other women later emerged from the office.

Clinton was out of state when the man walked into the office shortly before 1 p.m. and displayed what he said was a bomb strapped to his chest.

The second and third women came out shortly after 3 p.m. as heavily armed police officers maintained positions outside.

Rochester police held a news conference Friday afternoon but would not confirm how many hostages were still being held.

Capt. Paul Callaghan said at a late afternoon news conference that police were dealing a "hostage situation" and would not confirm if hostages remained inside, though he did say no one has been injured.

He released few details but said the area was "stabilized" and a perimeter had been established.

It's unknown exactly how many, if any, hostages are left in the building.



Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus