SALADO (August 8, 2012)--Salado firefighters were at the scene early Wednesday of a structure fire on the east side of the city.
At about 5:30 a.m., a newspaper carrier on her route Wednesday morning noticed flames coming from under an outdoor cabana kitchen at a home in the 400 block of O.W. Lowrey Drive and called 911.
The first firefighters to arrive reported the outdoor kitchen area of the two-story brick home was fully engulfed.
Salado fire Chief Charles Young said firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the outdoor structure, but it was destroyed.
Young said the fire was under control within 10 minutes.
Firefighters remained on the scene mopping up and ensuring there were no hot spots left smoldering.
There was no word early about the cause of the fire but Young estimated the damage at about $90,000.
No one was hurt.