KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Young Girl Injured In Fatal House Fire Released From Hospital

Ava Reid (Courtesy photo)

Ava Reid (Courtesy photo)

ELM MOTT (November 27, 2012)—Ava Reid, who was badly burned in an Elm Mott house fire that took her grandfather’s life, has been released from a Dallas hospital to begin her rehabilitation.

Reid, 3, was injured in an August house fire in Elm Mott that took the life of Larry Young and also injured Reid’s grandmother and uncle.

The girl had been in the burn unit at Parkland Hospital, in Dallas, since being flown there on the day of the blaze.

Reid’s grandmother said the young girl has about four weeks of rehab and physical therapy ahead of her but that she is doing very well.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180976041