Nathan Gogo here with the weekend outlook: A nice Saturday evening ahead with mid 50's and clear skies. Bright, blue skies and breezy winds out of the south once again for Sunday as temperatures rise to the mid 80's.
TEMPLE (January 7, 2013)—A Temple man was taken to a local hospital Sunday after he suffered burns as a result of a kitchen fire in his home.
Temple Fire and Rescue spokesman Thomas Pechal said the man’s burns were not believed to be life-threatening.
Pechal said units were sent Sunday afternoon to an address in the 700 block of West Park Avenue after a caller reported a house fire.
The first unit on scene reported light smoke coming from a single story wood-framed residence.
All the occupants had escaped the house but one man had suffered burns.
Firefighters entered the smoke filled home to discover the stove fire was out but they checked for any persistent fire, then cleared the house of smoke using fans.
Dollar loss to the structure and contents is estimated at $1,000.
Pechal said investigation at the scene revealed the fire was unintentional.
The injured man’s wife said she was in the kitchen cooking when a pan of oil overheated and caught fire.
Pechal said she called to her husband who came into the kitchen and tried to help, but was burned while he was trying to remove the flaming pan from the stove.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.