ROGERS (January 31, 2013)—An early Thursday morning fire in a building at a turkey farm near Rogers left a large building destroyed but no one, nor any animals, were hurt in the blaze.
Firefighters were sent at about 3:30 a.m. to 14480 Knob Hill Road after someone reported a fire in a large metal building that had been used to raise turkeys.
The building was empty at the time of the blaze, according to Karen Hoelker, an officer with the Little River – Academy Fire Department.
The fire burned so intensely that most of the building’s roof had collapsed and the heat from the blaze forced firefighters to pour water on some nearby propane storage tanks to keep them from exploding.
Firefighters had the blaze under control by about 5 a.m. but several units remained at the scene dousing hot spots.
Hoelker said investigators would be gathering evidence later in the morning Thursday to try to determine just where and how the fire started.