SAN SABA (February 5, 2013)—Dozens of firearms and items such as silencers were seized during a weekend raid on a San Saba residence but the man who lived there has yet to be arrested.
ATF agents, along with San Saba County deputies and San Saba police officers raided two properties Jan. 30 and seized more than 50 firearms and other equipment, such as silencers, that had been stockpiled by a man the agents say is a convicted felon.
John Lundberg, 65, who lives in the house, was convicted on a drug charge in Michigan.
San Saba County Sheriff Steve Boyd said 52 firearms were seized, which included three fully automatic weapons, and about 10,000 rounds of various types of ammunition.
ATF Special Agent Dr. Francesca Perot said federal charges against Lundberg, who has not been arrested, are pending and the investigation is ongoing.
There is no Federal law which limits the number of firearms an individual can possess but there is law that prohibits any convicted felon from purchasing or possessing any firearm.