200-Pound Grill Falls On Texas Boy

MAUD (April 16, 2012)--A 3-year-old Bowie County boy died after a 200-pound barbecue grill fell on him, evidently as he was trying to climb on it, deputies said.

The Bowie County Sheriff's Office identified the victim Monday as Hunter Scott.

Chief Deputy Larry Parker said the boy’s death Sunday appears to have been an accident.

Parker said the homemade grill toppled on the boy at the family's home near Maud, about 15 miles southwest of Texarkana.

Parker says the victim's 14-year-old brother heard a noise and discovered his injured sibling.

The youngster died at a Texarkana hospital.

Parker says the grill was not in use at the time of the accident.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 147590675 - kwtx.com/a?a=147590675
Gray Television, Inc.