COPPERAS COVE (April 12, 2013)—Casa Ole’ employees doused a small fire in the restaurant’s kitchen Thursday night just as firefighters were arriving.
A news release issued by the Copperas Cove Fire Department Friday morning said crews were sent just after 10 p.m. to the restaurant at 2730 E. U.S. Highway 190 where a fire had been reported in an electrical panel in the kitchen.
The release said employees were able to douse the blaze with a portable fire extinguisher.
An estimate of damage to the building was not released Friday morning.
An investigation revealed the fire was isolated to an electrical plug box in the kitchen area.
No other damage was reported, the release said.
The restaurant was evacuated due to the fire, even though the fire was limited to the electrical box in the kitchen.
The release said the restaurant will remain closed until the electrical equipment is repaired.
No one was injured.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.