Grand Jury Indicts Man In Local Woman’s Murder

Daniel Lorenzo Wilson (Jail photo)

KILLEEN (February 6, 2014) Daniel Lorenzo Wilson, 41, of Killeen, was named Wednesday in an indictment charging him with murder in connection with the December death of Karen Louise Edwards.

Edwards, 43, died at a Killeen apartment complex where following the murder a suspect held police at bay for almost two hours.

An affidavit released in connection with the murder said Edwards was shot, stabbed and cut with a sword.

Wilson remained held in the Bell County Jail Thursday morning in lieu of a $1 million bond, online jail records showed.

Another woman who was with Wilson at the apartment at 916 Mimosa that morning told investigators that Edwards, whom she knew as "Kiki," knocked on the door of the apartment and then got into an argument with Wilson.

Then, she said, Wilson "shot Kiki three times and then stabbed and cut Kiki with a sword," according to the affidavit.

The woman said Wilson then threatened her with a gun and forced her at gunpoint to help him drag the dead woman to an abandoned residence in the area, the affidavit said.

Afterward, she told investigators, Wilson forced her to return to his apartment where he put the gun on a table.

She told investigators that at the first opportunity, she grabbed the gun and ran.

She called 911 at around 5:30 a.m. on December 11 and reported that she had escaped from a man who took her hostage after shooting Edwards.

The woman led officers to Edwards' body behind 919 Mimosa St., and the Killeen Police Department's SWAT Team was sent to the scene.

Officers blocked off surrounding streets, evacuated some residents in the area and told others to remain inside.

Police negotiators were able to convince the man to surrender at around 7:25 a.m.

Investigators later found what appeared to be blood and drag marks leading away from the apartment and found "a large amount of suspected blood" inside the residence, where they also discovered and seized "numerous knives and swords."

Wilson, in a recorded statement, "first denied doing anything wrong and then admitted that 'KK' came to his residence and she 'knew how to push my buttons,'" the affidavit said.