Magistrate Orders Child Sex Abuse Suspect Held

By: Paul J. Gately Email
By: Paul J. Gately Email
A  federal magistrate ordered a Central Texas man to remain in custody pending more hearings on a charge of sexual abuse of a minor.

Oscar Acosta (Jail photo)

FORT HOOD (March 12, 2014) A Bryan man was ordered to remain in federal custody after he was arrested late last month for sexual abuse of a minor.

Federal Magistrate Jeffrey C. Manske denied a motion for pre-trial release for Oscar Alonzo Acosta on March 6 that resulted in Acosta remaining in federal custody after Fort Hood Military Police arrested him when they found him inside a vehicle at the Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area on February 14 with an underage girl.

The document obtained by News 10 Wednesday did not include settings for upcoming appearances.

Manske already had ordered Acosta, 26, into custody at a detention hearing on February 20.

A federal complaint filed by FBI agents who investigated the allegation says Fort Hood military police, on February 14, encountered a vehicle at about 10 p.m. in the Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area that they investigated as a criminal trespass incident.

As MPs approached the vehicle they saw a man and a female inside who were engaged in sexual activity.

Subsequent investigation revealed the man was 26-years-old and the girl was only 14.

FBI agents obtained a warrant naming Acosta and he was booked into the McLennan County Jail on Feb. 15, the affidavit says.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 249722611 - kwtx.com/a?a=249722611
Gray Television, Inc.