ROBINSON (March 18, 2014) A man awakened Tuesday afternoon to find his home on fire and was able to escape without injury.
Robinson fire units were sent at about 12:45 p.m. Tuesday to an address in the 200 block of Jennifer Drive after a caller reported a duplex on fire.
When units arrived they found flames coming from the one-story structure.
A man outside the home said he’d been inside asleep after working all night and was awakened by the blaze.
The man’s wife, herself at work Tuesday, returned home to find him safe but their home had suffered some damage.
The fire was contained quickly and confined to the back porch.
It caused only minimal damage and it wasn’t immediately known if the couple would be displaced, a firefighter at the scene said.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.