KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Early-Morning Fire Damages Waco Home

By: Paul J. Gately Email
By: Paul J. Gately Email

WACO (May 12, 2014) A North Waco home was damaged early Monday morning when an fire broke out in the attic and burned a hole in the ceiling.

Firefighters were sent at about 3:30 a.m. to a house in the 2300 block of Reuter and when they arrived they found smoke coming from the one-story home.

The resident already had escaped the house and was not injured, Waco fire Assistant Chief D.C. Yeager said.

Firefighters quickly located the source of the blaze in the attic and within a few minutes had the small fire extinguished, Yeager said.

The fire damage was confined to a 10-square-foot space in the attic but other parts of the house suffered damage from smoke and water.

Yeager said fire crews used high velocity fans to evacuate the house of smoke and had left the scene by 4:30 a.m.

It was not immediately known if the resident was displaced.

Yeager said fire marshals determined the fire was started by faulty electrical lines in the attic.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 258891691 - kwtx.com/a?a=258891691