TEMPLE (August 11, 2012)- Five pets died late Friday night after an accidental house fire in Temple.
Fire crews were sent out to a home in the 1700 block of Choctaw Drive around 11 p.m. Friday.
A father and a child safely got out of a home and were outside when firefighters arrived, authorities said.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire, but found four dead dogs and one dead cat inside the home, authorities said.
Fire investigators said the fire was unintentional and started by a child misusing a lighter.
The fire damage was limited to one room and the rest of the home suffered smoke damage.
Crews were on scene until after 1:40 a.m. Saturday.