Benefit Scheduled to Help Family of Elm Mott Grandfather

(Photo by Jennifer Iller)

ELM MOTT (September 9, 2012)— Larry Young passed away Sunday due to injuries from a house fire on August 10 in Elm Mott.

Officials say that fire started because of the combination of medical oxygen and a cigarette spark in the house.

Four people were injured in the fire, including three-year-old Ava Reid.

Ava is still in the hospital but is showing signs of improvement. She was taken off her ventilator Sunday and is breathing on her own.

A benefit for the family is scheduled for next Saturday at the Oscar Store near Temple. The benefit will start at 8 a.m. and go until 7 p.m.

A second benefit is set for Saturday Sept. 22 at the Harley Davidson dealership, on Interstate 35, in Waco, from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.