Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: Saturday will be the milder of the two days. Sun and clouds will be the rule with early weekend highs in the mid 80s. Back to the low to mid 90s on Sunday!
ROBSTOWN (January 9, 2013)—A house fire in South Texas that killed a woman and her two sons was caused by candles being used during an electrical outage, investigators said.
Robstown Fire Department chief Ricardo Gonzalez identified the victims Wednesday as Dalia Ortiz, 38, Victor Guerrero, 8, and Isaac Guerrero, 13.
Gonzalez said a male adult relative who was in the home escaped, but was unable to save the woman and her boys.
Gonzalez said stormy conditions Monday night caused power outages that prompted the family to light candles throughout the house.
The fire chief says all indications point to candles as the source of the fire reported around 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.