Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook:
Blustery and cooler both days with highs Saturday in the low 60s after morning lows in the mid and upper 30s! A bit milder in the lower 70s for highs on Sunday.
ROBSTOWN (January 9, 2013)—A house fire in South Texas that killed a woman and her two sons was caused by candles being used during an electrical outage, investigators said.
Robstown Fire Department chief Ricardo Gonzalez identified the victims Wednesday as Dalia Ortiz, 38, Victor Guerrero, 8, and Isaac Guerrero, 13.
Gonzalez said a male adult relative who was in the home escaped, but was unable to save the woman and her boys.
Gonzalez said stormy conditions Monday night caused power outages that prompted the family to light candles throughout the house.
The fire chief says all indications point to candles as the source of the fire reported around 11:30 p.m. Monday.