FORT GATES (October 7, 2013)--A Fort Gates man was electrocuted Sunday afternoon when the chain saw he was using to trim a tree cut into an overhead power line.
Eddie Benson, 57, was using a pole-type chain saw to trim trees at his house when the saw came into contact with an overhead power line, authorities said.
Gatesville police dispatched Coryell Memorial EMS to 512 Old Fort Gates Road just after 1:15 p.m. Sunday.
Paramedics found Benson lying on the ground having suffered a high voltage electrocution.
Coryell County Justice of the Peace Coy Latham pronounced Benson dead and did not order an autopsy, Latham's office said.
Latham ruled the death accidental.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.