SPRING (March 12, 2014) At least nine children at swim school in Spring were been treated for breathing problems after a pool chlorination system evidently malfunctioned, Klein Fire Department Chief David Bessolo said.
The children at the FINS swim school in Spring were treated for symptoms that weren’t believed to be life-threatening, he said.
Swim school owner Bill Goudeket says the business will be closed Wednesday while he conducts his own investigation.
He apologized for the incident and says the chlorine system is automatic and monitored.
Goudeket says he believes a child might have put something in a pool jet, such as a toy, and briefly clogged the system.
Bessolo says hazardous materials experts checked the pool after the incident and the chlorine levels were normal.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.