KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Convicted Killeen Bomb Plotter Now In Federal Custody In Houston

By: Paul J. Gately Email
By: Paul J. Gately Email
The AWOL soldier convicted of plotting to blow up a Killeen restaurant to kill soldiers has been moved from Waco to Houston to await his transfer to federal prison.

Naser Jason Abdo (Jail photo)

WACO (September 4, 2012)--Naser Jason Abdo, who was convicted last month of plotting to explode a bomb at a Killeen restaurant intending to kill soldiers, has been moved from the McLennan County Jail in Waco to federal custody in Houston.

The U.S. Marshal's Service website shows that Abdo was in custody Tuesday at the Houston Detention Center awaiting transfer to the federal prison at Florence, Colo., where he will serve a life sentence.

A spokesman for the McLennan County Jail said Abdo was officially booked out of the facility on Aug. 28.

A spokesman for the Bureau of Prisons said Tuesday the Florence facility is designed to allow only extremely limited human contact with prisoners.

She said inmates move through automatic doors and have meals delivered with no contact with corrections officers.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 168454586 - kwtx.com/a?a=168454586
Gray Television, Inc.