(Photo by Paul Shelton)
WACO (July 26, 2012)—Pedro Garcia III, 32, died Thursday at a local hospital after he brushed an exposed electrical wire while checking natural gas lines under a house in the 2800 block of Edmond Avenue in Waco.
Garcia was shocked while he and three coworkers were checking the lines just before 6 p.m. Thursday.
The Cornerstone Plumbing Co. workers said they immediately began to administer CPR as they pulled the unconscious man from beneath the house and continued until paramedics and firefighters arrived.
Paramedics continued CPR as they took Garcia to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy was ordered.
Garcia had a wife and six children ranging in age from 2 to 12.
A fund was set up for the family at Community Bank & Trust at 1409 Wooded Acres in Waco.