Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: The drier of the two days with sunshine and warm conditions in store Saturday. An increase in storm clouds Sunday with the potential for more heavy rain late in the day and evening.
TEMPLE (January 18, 2013)—Temple firefighters found a body inside a burning house early Friday after responding to a fire that investigators say was ignited by a space heater.
Temple Fire & Rescue crews were sent to the wood-frame home at 813 East Avenue N at around 12:45 a.m. Friday.
The first units on the scene reported that smoke and flames were shooting from the burning house.
During their initial sweep, firefighters discovered the body.
Investigators said a space heater that was left on ignited bedding.
Officials say they have tentatively identified the victim, but said they won’t release a name until an autopsy confirms the identity.
Investigators found no working smoke alarms in the house.
Neighbors said the victim had lived in the house for more than a decade.