DICKINSON (July 19, 2012)—The death of a 5-year-old Dickinson girl who died in hospital after drinking lighter fluid has been ruled accidental and police say no charges are expected against the girl’s mother.
Kyndal-Rae Eldridge died Tuesday at the Houston hospital to which she was taken after drinking the lighter fluid on Saturday.
Her 5-year-old sister also drank the fluid, which was in an unmarked water bottle.
She was treated at another and later released.
Dickinson police said the girls’ mother told them the bottle had been in a car door panel since the Fourth of July.
Authorities believe the girls drank the liquid while their mother was filling the car with gas.