Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: The drier of the two days with sunshine and warm conditions in store Saturday. An increase in storm clouds Sunday with the potential for more heavy rain late in the day and evening.
DALLAS (August 26, 2014) A natural gas leak is suspected as the cause of a house explosion early Tuesday in Dallas that injured a woman and her five children.
Neighbors reported smelling gas in the hours before the explosion early Tuesday.
The single-story home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
Only the charred frame of the structure was still upright after firefighters doused the flames.
Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Joel Lavender told The Dallas Morning News the woman and her children were taken to a hospital with burns. ‘
Her injuries appeared to be the most severe,” he said.
Neighbors say they heard a loud boom and rushed outside to find the home already in flames.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.