Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook:
While rain coverage will be MUCH less than the past several days, a few scattered showers remain possible. A weak cool front triggers more rain Monday, but only marginal cooling expected!
BEAUMONT (November 30, 2012)—An elderly Beaumont man died in a house fire likely started by a space heater in his home.
Beaumont police identified the victim Friday as Junius Hill.
Police say firefighters late Thursday night responded to emergency calls about a burning house.
Neighbors reported Hill was still in the home.
Investigators say the victim was found in the bedroom where the fire evidently started.
An autopsy was ordered.
The National Weather Service says temperatures were in the 50s at the time of the fire.