KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Electrical Problem Sparks Early-Morning Fire

By: Paul J. Gately Email
By: Paul J. Gately Email
An electrical problem sparked an early-morning fire that destroyed a local home.

(Temple Fire & Rescue photo)

TEMPLE (January 14, 2013)--An electrical problem sparked a house fire Sunday morning in Temple that destroyed a house.

Temple Fire & Rescue spokesman Thomas Pechal said units were sent just after 6 a.m. Sunday to an address in the 1600 Block of Lightner Lane and the first units to arrive reported a wood frame house with extensive fire showing.

Pechal said crews battled a brisk north wind and a live downed power lines in their effort to save the home.

The home was not occupied, Pechal said.

Initial investigation revealed the fire was unintentional and likely was electrical in origin.

The dollar loss to the structure and contents is still being calculated, Pechal said, but because of concerns about stability of the building, City of Temple Public Works Department brought in heavy equipment to demolish the remnants of the house.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186782021 - kwtx.com/a?a=186782021