Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: An isolated shower or thunderstorm remains possible in the hot and humid air this Saturday, the 4th. Same for Sunday...although NOT a wash-out either day!
TEMPLE (January 14, 2013)--An electrical problem sparked a house fire Sunday morning in Temple that destroyed a house.
Temple Fire & Rescue spokesman Thomas Pechal said units were sent just after 6 a.m. Sunday to an address in the 1600 Block of Lightner Lane and the first units to arrive reported a wood frame house with extensive fire showing.
Pechal said crews battled a brisk north wind and a live downed power lines in their effort to save the home.
The home was not occupied, Pechal said.
Initial investigation revealed the fire was unintentional and likely was electrical in origin.
The dollar loss to the structure and contents is still being calculated, Pechal said, but because of concerns about stability of the building, City of Temple Public Works Department brought in heavy equipment to demolish the remnants of the house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.