CONROE (November 6, 2012)—Seven people were injured Tuesday in an explosion and fire at a propane gas business in the Conroe area north of Houston, a fire official said.
Montgomery County Assistant Fire Marshal Scott Burlin said two people were transported by helicopter to area hospitals after the incident Tuesday.
The other five were taken to hospitals by ambulance.
Burlin said he didn't know the extent of the injuries.
The explosion occurred on the assembly line at a plant operated by AmeriGas Inc., the nation's largest distributor of propane.
Company spokesman Bill Katz said the injured were either AmeriGas employees or workers for contractors at a plant that fills tanks for gas grills.
Burlin says the fire was put out in about 20 minutes and didn't spread outside the plant, which is in a mostly rural area.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.