Fire Breaks Out In Landmark Central Texas Clinic Building

By: Christina Truong Email
By: Christina Truong Email

MARLIN (April 7, 2014) Firefighters Monday morning were battling a blaze in Marlin's historic Allen Hospital, which later came to be known as the Buie Clinic.

Smoke could be seen from some distance just after 8 a.m. as fire units responded to the fire at Winter and Coleman streets, just east of downtown Marlin.

The first units at the scene reported seeing flames and smoke coming from the two-story brick building.

The fire was out by late morning, but firefighters remained at the scene to mop up hot spots.

The building received significant damage, firefighters said.

Some people were living in apartments in the building, but none was injured, firefighters said.

The 200 block of Winter Street was blocked to traffic because of the fire.

The building was built in 1911 by Dr. Walter Hanz Allen.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 254205901 - kwtx.com/a?a=254205901