FRUITVALE (December 11, 2012)—A mobile home fire early Tuesday in Fruitvale about 60 miles east of Dallas killed a woman and left two of her children and a firefighter injured.
Fire Marshal Chuck Allen said items that were left too close to a space heater evidently caught fire.
Officials say the woman died at the scene.
Her 16-year-old son broke out a window to rescue his 14-year-old sister, who suffered burns and smoke inhalation.
Two older children escaped unharmed.
The injured teenagers were taken to a Dallas hospital.
The boy was treated and released, but information about the girl’s condition wasn’t immediately available.
The firefighter was treated and released from another hospital.
The names of the victims weren't immediately released.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.