Fire Destroys Central Texas Home; Space Heater Suspected

By: Christina Truong Email
By: Christina Truong Email

MART (November 25, 2013) An electric space heater was likely the cause of a fire that destroyed a home early Monday in Mart.

The fire was reported at around 2:30 a.m. Monday at 701 South Commerce Street.

The rear of the house was engulfed when the first units arrived.

Firefighters from Riesel and Elk also helped battle the flames.

Mart firefighters remained at the fire scene Monday morning to douse hotspots.

No one was home when the fire started.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233319321 - kwtx.com/a?a=233319321
Gray Television, Inc.