Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook:
Sunshine, heat and humidity will be the theme across Central Texas Saturday & Sunday. Keep an eye on those triple digits and plan your outdoor activities accordingly!
MART (February 13, 2013)--Two adults and five children were left homeless Wednesday after fire raced through their house in Mart.
No one was injured, but the fire gutted the one-story frame house.
Firefighters responded after noon Wednesday to the house at 311 North Falls St. in Mart and quickly called for assistance from nearby departments.
Units from Riesel, Axtell, Prairie Hill, Leroy and Bellmead were dispatched to help.
Two volunteers from Downsville also pitched in.
Firefighters couldn’t save the house, but did manage to keep the flames from spreading to nearby homes.
Rodney Brown, his daughter and her five children, ages 6 to 16, lived in the house, but no one was home at the time of the fire.
It appears the fire started at the back of the house near a newly installed stove, firefighters said.