Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: Sun and clouds both Saturday and Sunday with daytime high temps in the mid and upper 50s. Merry Christmas!
MART (February 13, 2013)--Two adults and five children were left homeless Wednesday after fire raced through their house in Mart.
No one was injured, but the fire gutted the one-story frame house.
Firefighters responded after noon Wednesday to the house at 311 North Falls St. in Mart and quickly called for assistance from nearby departments.
Units from Riesel, Axtell, Prairie Hill, Leroy and Bellmead were dispatched to help.
Two volunteers from Downsville also pitched in.
Firefighters couldn’t save the house, but did manage to keep the flames from spreading to nearby homes.
Rodney Brown, his daughter and her five children, ages 6 to 16, lived in the house, but no one was home at the time of the fire.
It appears the fire started at the back of the house near a newly installed stove, firefighters said.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.