Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook:
Blustery and cooler both days with highs Saturday in the low 60s after morning lows in the mid and upper 30s! A bit milder in the lower 70s for highs on Sunday.
KILLEEN (March 17, 2013)--A house fire left a Killeen couple, both of whom are veterans, and their five children, looking for a new place to live.
Fire officials said the fire started at around 4 a.m. on Sunday at a home on Edgewood Drive near U.S. Highway 190 and Stan Schlueter Loop.
It all started in the kitchen where fried chicken was left unattended on a burning stove, according to the fire chief.
The five children were not home, and no one was injured.
The parents say they'll use this tragic accident as a learning moment for their kids.
"I'm going to drive them by here just so they can see the house on the outside to know what fire can do, that will be a lesson learned, not learn the hard way like we had to last night," said Kendall Sinegal.
Fire officials do not know the cost of the damage.
One firefighter battling the blaze was transported to a local hospital due to heat exhaustion and dehydration.
The fire chief said the firefighter has been released and is doing fine.