Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook:
Warmer-than-normal afternoons are the rule Saturday and Sunday with highs in the upper 80s to near 90! Rain holding off until the middle of next week.
TEMPLE (December 5, 2013) A fire that broke out Thursday morning in a mobile home in the 4900 block of Hernandez Drive in Temple left two adults and two teenagers homeless and sent the two adults to Scott & White Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
The fire was traced to an incorrectly-used extension cord attached to a heat lamp, Temple Fire & Rescue spokesman Thomas Pechal said Thursday afternoon.
Three of the four residents went outside after hearing a pop and they broke out a window through which the fourth resident, who was taking a shower when the fire started, was able to escape, Pechal said.
The home and its contents were a total loss, Pechal said.
The fire was reported at around 9:15 a.m. Thursday.
A total of 26 firefighters responded and crews remained at the fire scene until just after 1 p.m.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.