Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: Bright, blue skies and breezy winds out of the south will keep Saturday and Sunday pleasantly warm in the 70s!
ARLINGTON (August 29, 2014) One man died and a second was injured Thursday night in an explosion that occurred as they tampered with illegal consumer-grade fireworks in the garage at a home in Arlington, police said.
Firefighters who responded to a report of the explosion late Thursday night found a 23-year-old man on the lawn of the home who had suffered burns.
The other man, Jared Backus, 24, was dead inside of the garage.
The fire that resulted from the explosion didn’t damage the home.
Arlington Fire Department shift commander Joe Morris said there was evidence the gunpowder had been removed from the fireworks.
The injured man was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas with second-degree burns to his legs and body.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.