CHINA SPRING (October 10, 2013)-A China Spring man was flown to a Waco hospital Wednesday evening after he was burned while trying to light a propane space heater.
McLennan County Sheriff's deputy Capt. Bubba Collier said deputies were sent just before 7 p.m. to a home at 6507 Rock Creek Road after a reported an explosion.
When deputies and China Spring Fire volunteers arrived they found a man with severe burns to his hands and face.
China Spring fire Chief Larry Garrett said the victim was inside a building where he was trying to light a propane space heater.
Somehow the propane ignited in what Garrett called a flash fire.
The man’s name was not released and information about his condition wasn’t available Thursday morning.
Garrett said the gas burst into flame with such force it blew the windows out of the building, but the structure did not actually catch fire.