CLEBURNE (December 2, 2013) A Texas woman killed in an explosion that flattened her house and was felt several miles away was identified as Wanda Buckley Davis, 62.
A propane leak caused the explosion late Saturday night, Johnson County Sheriff's Office spokesman Tim Jones said.
Jones said the leaking gas was ignited by the pilot lights of water heaters in the basement of the three-story home.
Investigators initially said there was no indication anyone was inside, but searchers later found Davis’ body.
The blast was so strong that Jones said dispatch operators received calls from the neighboring county.
More than two-dozen local and federal responders went to the site.